Need a reason to
take up running? How about 50?
can explore your local area and find new routes. You may even discover
new districts you never knew before and start to learn your way around.
Keep on running!
2. It's cheap! No gym fees or equipment
costs makes running a great way to stay in shape during a recession.
3. Buddy up - an opportunity to socialise
as well as
keep fit! Find a local running club or friends with similar interests
in your area.
4. It gives you a daily achievement.
you purpose and some structure to your day when all else is chaotic.
5. It gives you motivation. Learning the
run daily and keep with a training schedule can provide you will
valuable skills that you can use in other areas of your
6. Endorphins - Basically, they'll make
you feel great!
7. A great time to listen to your music
uninterrupted - no one can tell you to turn it down!
8. An excuse to buy brand new running kit!
9. Exercise improves sexual performance!
With increased stamina and heightened drive you'll be
10. Friends don't like running? You can
run while a friend rides a bike - great way to mix up your training.
11. Races are great events to go to and
competitions can really give you a focus and something at the weekend
to look forward to.
12. You can be proud of your race results
- a feeling of achievement and success that was all your doing.
13. You’ll feel more energised.
boost your energy pumping blood round your body and making you feel
14. It gives you time to yourself to
think.......or if you need, not.
15. You need no equipment, so
it’s easy, ready, steady, go!
16. You can run anywhere at any time!
17. Improves your cardiovascular
performance and stamina.
18. The old fable is wrong! - Running is
good for your bones and there is no link to osteoporosis.
19. Running can benefit other sports that
participate in - football, tennis, soccer, swimming and many more.
20. Strengthens your joints and increases
you core flexibility leading to less chance of injury in the future.
21. A great calorie burner! One of the
best ways to lose weight or maintain your figure.
22. Can be done at any time of day,
anywhere in the
world, so if you need to travel, you can always bring your trainers.
23. Anyone can run - there is no real
technical skill required!
24. It is natural, we as humans have been
running since the dawn of time....
25. It’s a great way to wake up
in the morning and gets your training out the way, before anyone is up!
26. Great stress relief mentally and
27. Can help regulate your sleeping
28. You can combine journeys with running
- run to the shops, run to work, run to the gym.
29. Running can be a family activity -
take your kids out for a run.
30. Take your dog out with you - great
exercise for them!
31. You are never too old to run! Ron
Hill is in his 70's and is still running daily!
32. You can run while pregnant. However,
I do say
this with caution and you must consult a doctor but in the early months
of pregnancy you can still run - even Paula Radcliffe ran while
33. It is a safe form of exercise, unlike
sports, there is no worry about injuries through physical contact or
34. Running wear makes you look cool!
Come on, I know it’s important to you!
35. ..... And something that you can brag
about at the office!
36. Running can reduce other problems
such as - heart
disease, arthritis, back aches, headaches, stress, depression and
37. There are numerous events you can
for running so you can always improve and test your running abilities
38. On holiday? - don't forget you can
run on the beach, run in fields and up mountains, and even in water!
39. Running can encourage you to visit
marathons are international - try out such prominent ones such as:
Paris, Chicago, New York, London, Tokyo, Venice, Amsterdam and many
40. You can run at home - treadmills are
becoming cheaper and cheaper.
41. It is scientifically proven that
exercise such as
running improves blood flow to the brain and therefore mental agility
42. Running is not prejudice to
disability - whether
you have leg discrepancies, amputations or deformities - new technology
is developing products to enable ANY to participate in this sport.
43. Running outdoors - hey you can get
your suntan on the move!
44. You can express yourself - marathons
see the most
wonderful and weirdest in society! You can dress up while you run as
your favourite celebrity, animal, object or anything! Go for it!
45. A reason to run for a cause - running
and training for it can be a way of showing you care - sign up and run
for your favourite charity.
46. You will extend your life.
47. All that sweating is good for you!
Get all those toxins out!
48. You are part of a global community
and can always
ask for help from coaches, trainers, fellow runners wherever you are.
You're part of the club!
49. You can push yourself to your limits-
building up to great feats such as a marathon can be an excellent way
to know yourself better and find out what you're really capable of!
50. Finally, the last reason to
run.......basically, WHY NOT?!?
Carter is a fully trained fitness and life coach.
website at http://www.cartercoaching.co.uk
or email her at: